Wednesday, October 9, 2019

13 A - Reading Reflection No.1

1.     You read about an entrepreneur:
  • What surprised you the most? 
    • I think the most surprising thing about Steve Jobs is he came up with the name Apple. I have always wondered why this company chose to use this as their name and I was very interested while reading the article and learning more information about it. Steve Jobs created this name while being on a fruitarian diet and he had just come back from being at an apple farm.
·       What about the entrepreneur did you most admire?
o   The thing I admire most about Steve Jobs is how hard he worked and how smart he thought all the time. One example of this is while naming the company Apple. He didn’t just choose this name because he just got back from an apple farm but also because he wanted his company’s name to be the first company that people saw while looking at a phonebook. After learning this, I realized how good he was at making his company the best it could be.
·         What about the entrepreneur did you least admire?
o   The one thing about Steve Jobs that I do not admire is the way that he treated other people like around him. He did not always show respect for his coworkers and family.
·       Did the entrepreneur encounter adversity and failure? If so, what did they do about it?
o   Steve Jobs definitely encountered adversity and failure, but every time something happened, he would come back and improve his company and make it even better.

2.     What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited?
I noticed that Steve Jobs was a visionary entrepreneur, he would create an idea and then he would be able to imagine how the customers would be able to view it and how they would use it. This is something that really helped Steve Jobs and one reason why he was such a great entrepreneur.

3.     Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
One thing that confused me about this reading is that there was not that much information about his personal life and childhood. I would have liked to learn information about his real life.

4.     If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why?
If I was able to ask Steve Jobs two questions, I would ask him:
·      “ If you were still alive, what improvements or changes would you make to Apple and the technology?”
·      “ What is your favorite apple product that has been created.”

5.     For fun: what do you think the entrepreneur’s opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion?
I truly believe that Steve Jobs was a hard worker and that he valued his work and thinks that working hard is important to be able to succeed. I do share this opinion because I grew up watching my parents work hard and I have learned that working hard at everything you do is so important.







2 comments:

  1. Hey Lexington, I think you did a really good, organized job writing this. I really liked your 'surprising fact'. I did not know that that's how he came up with the companies name or why thats he stuck with name. I don't think that a lot of people realize how important the smaller details of a company can be to their overall success. For Steve Jobs to think so far a head as to wanting the name be the fist one seen in a phone book for marketing purposes, really speaks to his forethought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexington, I enjoyed reading your reading reflection. I think Steve jobs is an interesting entrepreneur to discuss, mostly because everyone knows him for his apple products. I like the example you gave that admired you most about him. It was interesting to see why he chose the name he did and the logic behind that. I think it’s important for an entrepreneur to respect the people you work with, especially your family, but he did not and I don’t admire that either. Overall great job!

    ReplyDelete