Thursday, November 7, 2019

21A - Reading Reflection No.2

The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users, Guy Kawasaki 

1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The General theme of this book is that social media is used by everyone in todays society and it is so important to our lives and should be used in every business. 
 2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
This book connects with what I have learned in ENT 3003 in the way that I have more knowledge about how and why social media needs to be used in businesses. This book also discussed the importance of creating posts and deciding on what to post. 
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
I would design an exercise where the students had to create a blog post about why they think social media is important and why they think it should be incorporated in businesses. I would also have them say what they normally post on their social media and why they chose to post it. 
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
 I learned a lot from reading this book. I learned how to chose the perfect thing to post and that it is important to add a photo to your posts to make it more appealing to the viewers. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lexington! Great job reflecting on the reading you chose to read about. I agree that social media is used by everyone today and that it is in fact very important to our lives and businesses. I agree that this is important to ENT 3003 as well because it is used in my businesses. It is important for the post to not only interest yourself but your viewers as well. Overall great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lexington. Great job with this post! You gave a lot of really good information about the book you chose that was extremely helpful! Your book sounds like it would be really helpful to anyone in our class, or really just anyone interested in entrepreneurship.You did a really good job explaining the aspects of the book, as well as coming up with that exercise for the class. Overall great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lexington, I think that you did a great job on this post! I really like how well it was organized and how concise your answers are. The book you chose looks really interesting and I am probably going to look into it. I actually just recently switched my major and this book looks like it would coincide really nicely with what I am now studying which is really cool. I think that the exercise you came up with would be really interesting as well. Once again, great job.

    ReplyDelete