Friday, November 22, 2019

27A - Reading Reflection No.3

Reading Reflection No.3 

I Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win by Scott Adams

1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The theme of this book is that we all are in-charge of our own lives and how our life ends up. Each decision that we make is about us and should be chosen for the right reasons and to benefit our lives. 
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
I have learned a lot in this class and one important thing is to not be afraid to take chances and push yourself. These are two main concepts in this book. 
 3. If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
I would make the exercise a blog post called "My Failures" and the students would have to discuss things that they have failed at in their lives and what they have learned from it.
4. What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
While reading this I was surprised how he discussed failures and made it seem like not such a bad thing. Before reading this I thought about failures being a very negative thing. But now I realize that everyone deals with failures and we all learn from them and become better people. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lexington! Great job describing the reading reflection you have read. I think you did a great job giving a summary on what you read. It stood out to me when you said the decisions you make is what you are in charge of and will direct you in your life and show you were you end up and that made me realize it is important to think before you act. Overall great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lexington, great post. This was the same book I read for this assignment. What were your thoughts on the book in general? Personally, I thought it was okay, but I suppose it was helpful. The book connected with what we learned in this class almost perfectly. Also, I liked the idea you presented for the exercise based on the book. You did great giving a quick and simple summary of wha you’ve read. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lexington! Great job with this post. You really showed a lot of knowledge on the book and gave some really great information about it. Your exercise that you would create for the class was very interesting and I liked your ideas. That would be a very uncomfortable exercise for a lot of people, but I think that it would be a great tool in this course. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete