Thursday, November 21, 2019

26A - Lexington Olsen

This semester I took calculus and I had a lot of trouble and it caused me a lot me stress. No matter how long and hard I studied, I did terrible on two exams. This made me really upset because I have worked so hard and did not know how to fix the way I studied. After talking to the professor and other students I have learned that I was not studying the right way and found out how to fix my mistakes. When I think about failure, I think about the failures I have had in my life. I do not handle failures very well, I get very upset and disappointed in myself because I feel like I didn't try hard enough. Being in this class has made me realize that everyone fails at things during their lives and it is okay to not be perfect at everything.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lexington! Great job describing a time you have failed. I also discussed when I did poorly in a class. I agree that many people face this at some point in your life and you have to acknowledge how to move past it. When I was failing my class, talking to the teacher realizing that it is very difficult and studying even more is what helped me understand it is okay if you don’t do well! Good luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lexington, great post. It was really interesting to read about your thoughts on failure. I like the example you used. I thought it was very relatable. When I took calculus, I had some trouble grasping some of the concepts. However, every math course has the potential to be easy with the right amount of practice. As cliche as it sounds, practice makes perfect, especially in mathematics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lexington! Great job with this post. I can totally relate as I too have a class this semester that I have been struggling in, and just do not seem to be able to study the best way. Failure is a part of life and how you handle it can change everything. Keep staying positive and push forward, and thins always seem to work out.

    ReplyDelete